Free professional paper writing assistance from expert writers
Ten Catchy Essay Topics For College Students
In college you will be expected to write many assignments. Some will already have the topics selected for you while others will allow you the freedom to pick as you please. Here are a few things to remember when faced with the second option:
- It is easy to offend others
- Your sense of humor may not be universal
- Originality is a wonderful concept but not the only one
You may have noticed this in your daily life and just brushed it aside but it becomes much more important when you have to hand in a paper for grading. Some topics will immediately offend the person you are trying to impress and they cannot always be distinguished from a distance. Know your audience well and you can prevent this.
This is not quite the same as being offensive. If the main aim of your topic choice is to be funny but your joke falls flat, unless there is a very academically viable concept underneath the humor, you will be left with very little to be graded on. Try not to rely in this alone.
In picking your topic it is a good idea to try to be catchy and original but if you select an idea that has no value because it adds nothing to the subject area, you might as well have written nothing at all. Balance the need for originality with a strong essay idea.
These are some concepts that are very easy to neglect so study them well before you start brainstorming. The ideas you come up with may be a bit like this:
- 1) Should transgendered women who are still anatomically male be allowed to use facilities that are intended for women?
- 2) Should animals be allowed equal rights to humans?
- 3) Do human concepts of aesthetic lawns place undue strain on the environment?
- 4) Should more people be encouraged to take on religious pilgrimages?
- 5) What evidence exists that the color blue was once not part of the spectrum of color visible to humans?
- 6) To what extent can policies toward the poor worldwide be seen as part of a modern eugenics program?
- 7) What makes some animals acceptable as food while others are understood to be pets?
- 8) Should human beings actively seek out extraterrestrial sentient life forms?
- 9) Is school necessary?
- 10) Should people be allowed to carry arms regardless of their mental state?
No doubt some of these will be too bland and others to risque. It depends on who you are.