Free professional paper writing assistance from expert writers
How to Write a Good College Essay in 24 Hours
Students in most cases find themselves in a fix when it comes to submission of their college essays. There are two common scenarios that happen to students and make them write their essays in a rush. One is that after writing your essay and saving it for submission, the storage media gets corrupt making you lose your only copy. This can happen when the submission deadline is just the next day, and failure to submit can cost you your degree. The second scenario is where the student is involved in many other activities like working during the day and he or she completely forgets about the assignment given by the lecturer. When you find yourself in either of these two scenarios, you will be forced to write your essay within 24 hours in order to be on the safe side.
The students should do the following:
- Draft the essay outline; quickly note down what you are supposed to cover in your essay. Follow the outline format you are very familiar with and of course the one recommended by your lecturer. This outline will help you to cover all the parts of your essay without skipping.
- Concentrate on quality over quantity; you are supposed to write maybe a 10-page essay, quickly point out the important points to be discussed in your essay. Write about them fast but carefully and avoid writing the things you are not sure of. When you concentrate on quantity you are likely to write your essay half way which is risky.
- Wise use of source material; no matter, the rush you may have, try to make sure you use the recommendable sources and insert strong opinions into the body of the paper. You have short time so don’t waste your time going to the library. Utilize the Internet by searching all the sources you want. Go through the sources very first noting down the important points. Make sure you cite the sources you have used in the body as you continue writing. Also note the same source in the references immediately after using it.
- Formatting; make sure you format your essay using the recommended referencing style by your lecturer.
- Proof reading your essay; after drafting your essay and ensuring that everything in the outline has been covered, re-read your essay with fresh mind. This may be in the morning of the day of submission. Check, whether all the details like grammar, spelling and paragraph structuring are correct.
For those who would like to share their expertize and knowledge with fellow college and graduate students, apply for a writing job here.