Free professional paper writing assistance from expert writers
Getting a Good Kick Ahead: Finding Good Topics for Argumentative Essays
What are argumentative essays?
- With this type of essay the writer discusses a topic that one has a great interest in and is passionate about.
- Then, the writer presents their position on the topic by providing supporting evidence and supporting facts in agreement with that position.
- The writer of the argumentative essay will also give the pros and cons of the position they take on the topic.
- The argumentative essay is similar to a debate speech where two individuals debate an issue or problem.
- With the argumentative essay, the writer will discuss the ideas supporting and the ideas opposing the topic.
- The writer will discuss their stand on the topic and will try to get the reader to agree with that stand on the topic.
- The writer of the argumentative essay will try to get the targeted audience to incorporate new behavior or beliefs in reference to the topic.
- The main purpose for the writer of the argumentative essay is to get individuals to change behavior or beliefs that they refuse to change.
How to write the argumentative essay?
- The writer should always ensure to discuss the pros and cons of their position on the topic.
- The writer should always brainstorm on the ideas they will use to discuss the opposing side and supporting side regarding their position on the topic.
- Before begin writing the essay, the writer should draft an outline organizing the supporting facts and supporting evidence for their position on the topic.
- The outline will help the writer determine if the topic selected is good for the argumentative essay.
- The outline should have an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- The writer should do at least two drafts of the argumentative essay before writing the finalized copy.
- The essay should have at least five paragraphs and should include: Introduction, Body (three paragraphs), and Conclusion.
- The essay’s Introduction should always include a thesis statement and research question.
What are some good topics for the argumentative essay?
- Should the selling of marijuana and using of marijuana in public be illegal?
- How should individuals under 30 years old live a healthy life by riding a bike and not drive a car?
- Does students cheating on classwork, homework, or tests help them to learn better?
- Should men be allowed to marry as many women as they like and is polygamy natural?
- Should women be allowed to have children out of wedlock and is it morally wrong?